How to install nuance bushboard in a wetroom bathroom.Tim Ford
Where do you start with installing Nuance Bushboard bathroom Panels?
Nuance bushboard panels have a very simple installation process, due to their synthetic core and 100% waterproof properties these products can be installed without the requirement for profiles. Before you start installing the products, you need bring all the panels and adhesive up to room temperature, so we recommend bringing them inside if they have been stored in a garage environment for 24 hours and store them at room temperature.
- Check for any damage to the corners of the bathroom panels
- Unwrapped panels must be stored face to face to eliminate any damages
- Do not drop on corners as this will damage the panels.
What tools do I require for the installation of the bathroom panels?
All of the nuance bushboard panels can be cut to size, however we recommend this is carried out in a ventilated area and the correct breathing masks are utilised. You will require the following tools
- Double cup suction lifters – preferably x2 for handing and installing the panels
- Circular Saw – to size and cut panels
- Jigsaw – to scribe panels around shaped areas
- Electric Hand Drill – to cut holes for pipes
- Mastic Gun – to apply the BB Complete adhesives and sealants
- Screwdriver, tape measure and pencil
- Plumb line/Plumb spirit level
How do i waterproof the joints on waterproof panels?
With the panels being 100% waterproof, this only leaves the joints to be waterproofed to stop and water seeping past the panels, Using the Nuance Adhesives is critical to the installation and voids any warranties to not used.
Where you are not sealing any visible gaps we recommend using the netural naunce adhesive to bond panels and up stands as it will never be seen, The nuance adhesive generally provides enough grab to hold the panel however in some cases you may need to brace the panels until they set.
For a complete nuance bushboard installation guide check out Nuance Bushboard Installation Instructions